TRANSLATE

Monday, January 27, 2020

COJONES.MY PATERNAL GRANDMOTHER "PRESENTATION", GALLEGA NA NOITE

COJONES.My PATERNAL GRANDMATHER "PRESENTATION", GALLEGA

 And so I will die.

  I remember my paternal grandmother "Presentation" widow of a rich merchant and usurer. My grandmother cultivated her large garden in the mansion that lived in the Dabul Cast. He wore a pretty straw hat adorned with flowers, the only concession that gave him being a woman. It was serious and I hardly laughed. We prepared some vanilla every Sunday when we visited with my parents in the van.
  He grew a dahlia rose that was his pride. My mother threw a photo next to the flower that she still has among her photographic archives. My grandmother Presents as we told you, I had a revolver saved to scare off thieves or intruders since at that time the Dabul neighborhood was a bit far from the city.
   One afternoon, when I was a doctor and my grandmother was already 86 years old, she felt sick to my abdomen and I took her in my car to the hospital, almost unconscious.
  The surgeon was my trust and my friend. While I was doing a maneuver that I do not want to describe, my semi-conscious grandmother began to shout "Cojones, Cojones" Everything Galician that he kept from his youth came out, He died quietly that night and his last words were "Cojones, Cojones". Poor grandmother of mine. He died like a dummy, hard and serious as he always had been.

  Days later a Galician cousin of my mother made him a lunch in his honor at the hotel he owned.
  The table was full of succulent delicacies. Mom, without asking permission, grabbed a quarter of roasted chicken and ate it with her hands without ceremony. Then a plate of roasted pork with vegetables was served. She was taking it from the past when the dictatorship had deprived her of those foods.
   I only ate roast pork and some vegetables because my diabetes had already been discovered and I was treated with oral hypoglycemic agents. He hadn't said anything to mom.

DR ORLANDO VICENTE ALVAREZ,
URUGUAYAN CUBAN, GENIUS


Posted by Orlando Vicente Alvarez 
Labels: COJONES.ABUELA PRESENTATION GALLEGA CUBANA OLD CUBA DEATH MEDICAL SURGEON PARTY FOOD STRAWS HAT WOMAN SERIOUS MANSION REVOLVE INTRUSIOS NIOCHE DREAMS NOITE NIGHT

No comments:

Post a Comment