TRANSLATE

Friday, July 12, 2019

CUBA: A CUBAN NEWLY EMIGRATED TO PUNTA DEL ESTE

Image result for hombre espalda

  CUBA: A CUBAN NEWLY EMIGRATED TO PUNTA DEL ESTE

  .Recently a Cuban emigrant settled next to my house in Punta del Este, with his wife and daughter. And he began his pilgrimage in search of work.

  As every Cuban in exile remained silent and avoided my encounters with him. Or was a victim of Castro indoctrination. Or a State Security agent or he was afraid of any Cuban who came close to being a snitch of Castroism.

  I greeted him kindly with a "Hello" every time we met. I would not follow Castro's tactic of distrusting any of my land. We are all Cubans and we love the land that we leave behind, whatever the reason.

  He got a precarious work badly paid, his wife also and his daughter placed her in a free nearby Lyceum - here education is free and also private, depends on the pocket of each one.

  I found out that the Cuban did not even have a TV to entertain his family at night and that they had to go to bed early. I gave them a TV-a moment- I gave him my own, I'm not the Mother Teresa reincarnated, and I told him to connect to the cable I was paying so that his options were varied. 

   He quickly installed it and in the light of his house it stays on until late at night.I am not afraid of the Cuban KGB, a charitable spirit as I was taught in the Church and that it is he who judges: whether I am an enemy of his ideology or not.

  I will not follow Castro's mandate to put fear or terror into every compatriot who emigrates, even if he does not know it. I'm not a Saint, but one of my land is a brother, whether it's the political tinge I have. 

  After all, you will learn what it is to live in a democracy and at some point-whether you are a snitch or not-you will understand that we must all remain together until freedom arrives on my island.

  Do not be afraid. Remain united because what Castro wants is for us to distrust and stay in power for a few more years

No comments:

Post a Comment