TRANSLATE

Saturday, August 17, 2019

THE LETTERS IN CHAINS. BACKGROUND. NOW FOR WhatsApp.

Image result for cartas cadenas antiguas

  THE LETTERS IN CHAINS. BACKGROUND. NOW FOR WhatsApp.

I remember that when I was a child of approximately 10 years old, we received a letter under the door without a sender saying that we would send 10 copies to the nearest neighbors. 

 I had to do the specifications because I had better lyrics and time to do my mom.There they predicted that if we didn't carry out the mission, thousands of misfortunes would come to the whole family and that if we distributed it, glory and praise would come from  the LORD.

   Then came the distribution stage that I had to do. In each semi-open door or below them, I made the delivery, also anonymous.

  But one day a friend very close to my mother told her that if she received a chain letter again, she would throw it into the river and a holy remedy. Thus the bad predictions that threatened us disappeared.

  The next chain letter arrived a few weeks later. Tired of that we went to Grandma Luisa's house that lived on the banks of the Guaso River and we had to cross the very old metal bridge, with arches and railings, and Mom took the letter from her wallet and threw it into the river.But behold, the letter descended to one of the big pillars of Guaso and Mama lamented. 

  She crossed herself because she was a good Catholic and waited for the future to come.

  Misfortune came soon. Fidel Castro intervened all private businesses and among them the pasteurizer that my father owned. The letter was right. Misfortunes and misfortunes everywhere for not fulfilling the task.

  Currently, to my Uruguayan or Miami friends, they send me a letter on WhatsApp but this time to distribute them to all my contacts. "I prayed like 10 Our Fathers" and like the old ones. Health and lots of money would come.

  I suspecting that there is some trap behind the Attachment I didn't klick  them.

   But more of the misfortunes that I suffer: type 1 diabetes, ischemic heart disease I and obstruction of the right femoral and popliteal arteries, I have no choice but to entrust myself to the Most High and wait, wait, for a simple end.

  When I say my prayers in the morning, if I have a happy day I thank God but if it's disastrous I give it a scandal. And you know how sensitive and affectionate I am towards others.

                 ORLANDO VICENTE ÁLVAREZ

No comments:

Post a Comment