TRANSLATE

Monday, June 3, 2019

ELTON JOHN, ROCKET MAN, THE MOVIE.


Image result for ELTON JOHN PHOTOS


  ELTON JOHN, ROCKET MAN, THE MOVIE.


  Elton John, our idol of the students of the Pre-University Rubén Batista, that we listened to the American radio station AFRTS and so we were impregnated of the English and American Rock'n'roll when the Cuban radio did not pass any of those songs.

   The movie I just saw in Punta Shopping Uruguay disappointed me. The chosen actor, with a nose fruit of plastic surgery, the famous songs of Elton John interpreted badly by the actor that I expected were at least the originals of the singer and written with the prose poems of Bernie Taupin, his eternal collaborator, They left a bitter taste in the mouth. 

   It's just a display of quirky costumes that always dazzle young people of any age and that were an exaggeration of the clothes that Liberace, the homosexual pianist who died of AIDS, and that Elton John knew about the effect on the crowd.

   The first time I heard the voice of Elton John was in the movie TOMMY by The Who. A slender young man appeared, with curly and long mahogany hair, running on his back on bombs that exploded around and singing a song in the background: "Saturday's all Right" by Elton John. I kept the image of that athletic young man thinking that he was Elton himself. He was the singer of The Who, Roger Harry Daltrey.

  Then came the song "Daniel" that reminded me of my recently deceased young brother - that I had to get out of the Institute of Neurology at Havana Hospital. It seemed like a homosexual love song but it was directed to a veteran friend who was blinded by the Vietnam War. 

  From there I get the phrases.

   "Lord I miss Daniel, oh I miss him so much Oh oh,
   Daniel my brother, you are older than me.
  Do you still feel the pain of the scars that won't heal.
  Your eyes have died, but you see more than I.
  Daniel, you're a star in the face of the sky.
  God I miss Daniel, Ohh, I miss him a lot.

    Jesus  my brother was like Daniel, I was crying for my dead brother.

  And when I arrived in Uruguay I bought a cassette by Elton John with a selection of his best titles and a Walk Man to listen to when work allowed.Then I saw on the cover of the box that Elton John was a young man in pounds, a sad face that he wanted to hide behind Giant glasses. It was not a big disappointment. He was a great singer. He made a fortune selling millions of his albums and on his tours: full house.

  I learned all the songs from the cassette and if some lyrics did not understand it I was looking for it in Yaguu - Google had not yet appeared.

  I tear a little when in the movie sings YOUR SONG, one of the best ones, which he said lately dedicated to her mother:

"YOUR ARE SWEETTES EYES I EVER SEEN"

  But I was moved when the false singer imitates Elton John in the song ROCKET MAN: I was recently arrived in Uruguay and missed my wife and my two children, when he sings:

  I MISS THE EARTH SO MUSH I MISS WIFE.
  MARS IS NOT THE KIND OF PLACE TO RAICE THE KIDS.
 IN FACT, IT'S COLD ASS HELL.
 AND THERE'S NO ONE ELSE TO RAICE THEM IF WE DID. 
  It is lonely to be in space.
  In such a timeless flight
  And I think it's going to be for a long time, 

   That song was the pain of the exile who leaves his family and his land falling with much pain in a world of drugs and rampant sex, for not thinking of his family that he missed-1- 

  But I was disappointed by the version he makes of one of his best songs about his life when he leaves the drug addiction, the alcohol and the lover leaves him when he discovers a girl with whom he decides to hunt before leaving the closet: it is a marriage of convenience, both slept in separate rooms.

   And then he writes this song:

  SOMEONE SAVED MY LIFE TONIGHT.

  That it is a beautiful and long song of a man who is reborn again like a phoenix from his ashes and returns, having already forgiven himself and his family, to a calmer life where the excesses of the past were left behind. Extremely lyrical.

  Elton John came out of the closet and donates almost all his fortune to help AIDS victims.

  In 1996, he was named "Sir" after being named Commander of the Order of the British Empire by Queen Elizabeth II for his "services towards music and charitable acts"

-1-This song "Rocket Man" is included complete in my novel written three years ago DE PALMAS REALES Y OMBUES. A XXX sex novel is not advisable for sensitive minds, where a young man missing his wife and son falls in a life of sex, drogs and alcohol.It is in AMAZON.   

         ORLANDO VICENTE ALVAREZ

No comments:

Post a Comment