TRANSLATE

Friday, September 6, 2019

Front edge HAITIAN PAINTED WHITE. Orlando Vicente Álvarez.

FROM EDGE. HAITIAN PAINTED WHITE.

Front edge HAITIAN PAINTED WHITE.
Orlando Vicente Álvarez.

    When I was a young doctor in the province of Guantánamo. They sent me to San Antonio del Sur, a municipality adjoining the Caribbean Sea. When a boat full of Haitians ran aground on the reefs, they sent me with an expert assistant in Epidemiology.
    I was not allowed to touch them just examine them in the eye of a good player.There were about 50 Haitians going to Miami. We went down the cliff and forced them to undress - men, women and children - and a fumigator sprayed them with white milk - Difterez - from head to toe.
     They painted them white. The PCC authorities threw banana bouquets from above as if they were infected or were going to eat us alive. Then they forced us to collect all indications of their presence: cans, threadbare clothes and all traces of them and burned them.
   That was communist solidarity. Then came an older Cuban ship and towed them to the high seas to continue on their way. And they forced us to keep the secret. That's why I sometimes say that I'm not Cuban: I'm Haitian.

http://orlandoescritorynovelista.blogspot.com.uy/

No comments:

Post a Comment